summer bucket list.
I know summer officially started June 21st, but it feels like Chicago has been in summer mode since our very hot Memorial Day weekend. This is my first Chicago summer in almost six years where most weekends I'm not working, which means I really want to do it up. Chicago really comes alive in the summer once everyone is done hibernating from our incredibly long winters.
Here's what's on my summer bucket list:
- Visit the Chicago Botanic Gardens (done)
- Get a tan (safely)
- Sit outside at Parson's Chicken & Fish (still can't believe I've never been when it's so close to us)
- Watch a sunrise
- Watch a sunset
- Go through five rolls of film
- Watch a movie in the park
- Go for a bike ride on the lakefront (one down - many to go!)
- See a show at Kingston Mines (a Chicago staple that I've never done)
- Have friends over for a BBQ
- Make brunch from all farmer's market ingredients
- Get Italian ice from Mario's (done - could definitely go again)
- Celebrate my 30th
- Put my toes in the ocean
- Attend Tuesdays on the Terrace
What about you? Anything on your list?